Saturday 27 July 2013

Doctor Who-A-Long update


Now that my machine is talking to me again I made some progress on my paper pieced blocks for the Doctor Who-A-Long hosted by Whims and Fancies and Trillium Design on flickr here.  I struggled with this spaceship block.  There are a lot of tiny seams in centre but I do love how the colours turned out in this one.


This wolf along with K-9 are my favourites so far.  Those teeeth are cool - I love how Soma's design made them so pointy! That's 5 out of 6 released blocks completed so far.  If it wasn't absolutely pouring out of the heavens outside I'd take a photo of all 5.

I'm loving this project.  It is challenging and my paper piecing skills are getting better, slowly but surely!

Linking up to Finish it up Friday (a late finish I know but I really feel a sense of achievement on this block after my sewing meltdown and all!) and

Paper Piecing Party

7 comments:

  1. The wolf turned out so menacing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look great! Fab job on the wolf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wolf looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wolf. The glowing red eye is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - he is on my to-sew list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really really cool! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm getting better a this paper piecing technique but when it goes wrong it is headwrecking! Of course when it goes right it's the best thing ever! Glad I kept going with the wolf - I'm thinking Halloween cushion so i might make another one!

      Delete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...