- Halloween Quilt: I started this last year and completed the top. I have wonderful backing fabric on hand and a bat stencil to quilt in the corners of the squares. I really must get this thing basted and done for Halloween this year!
- A Dog's Life applique project: OK this has been on my Q2 and Q3 list with no movement and I think it's because I wasn't sure what I wanted it for. I love dogs and I love Lynette Anderson's designs but I certainly feel procrastination comes from a place of uncertainty and not knowing what I wanted this to be has put it way out on my list. So now I have a plan!
I am going to use panel #1 above and make part #3 which is a tree with applique leaves and have the doggy sit under the tree and surrounded by a simple patchwork border as a mini quilt for Schnitzel & Boo's mini- quilt swap!
New Projects to the list
- My main project over the next quarter though is going to be the Penny Sampler. This beautiful design by Stitched in Color involves Applique and precise piecing and though I am three weeks behind I really want to put some time into this one.Yesterday evening I made a makeshift design wall (I usually use the floor) out of a piece of wadding and two wooden pieces we use as a barrier to keep the dogs in the kitchen. It's not quite big enough so everything is turned on it's side but will be perfect for choosing colours to go with the next set of blocks and being upfront and central will surely motivate me to get on with it!
- As it's Christmas this quarter I have 2 Christmas projects I want to finish. This lone star top for a lap quilt for my Aunt & Uncle was pieced last year and I didn't get it finished in time.
- My second Christmas project is something I want to make for myself - a table runner for the Kitchen. It's a variation of the Star Crossing block I came up with and I think frosty blues and white would be lovely. I have no fabric bought for this yet, it is only a computer design so a totally new item on the list.
- And finally as I can never seem to have enough cushions for the sofa (Sorry Gordon!) I have the mini fussy cut squares I received in What the Bobbin's swap. I'm making 4 more to make a cushion.
I'm trying to get my score up from 2/5 so this time around I put in more small projects as well as whole quilts. So 7 projects this time. Wish me luck! Linking up to