Friday, 21 February 2014
Library Project update!
Basset outline with Perle cotton (earlier post) and am going to fill him in with more of these scraps. This is one of my projects for the Library Project link up, inspired by an elephant design in Scrap Happy Quilting.
This one in progress uses the Ticker-Tape technique. It's really neat and I'm going to do it as a quilt as you go to add the scraps. I found 2 tutorials that explain this approach really well. One from Stitched in Colour and one from Crazy Mom Quilts. Apparently this is addictive and I can see the attraction already. A really fun project so far!
I do have one finish to share with you. I made a patchwork charm bag and the last post had it nearly done, only needing some binding and a button - ta dah! All buttoned up now and finished!
This project was from Creative Quilting and uses 30 charm squares ( a 9 patch for front and back, 6 patch for flap and the rest for the strap!) so is very economical to make. It is a surprisingly roomy bag and I can get a small laptop or net book, phone keys, wallet and camera into it! The fabric is Spa by Deb Strain with lemon solid to contrast. It's a bit summery for this time of year but I hope to use it for carting bits and bobs to Thursday night sewing meetings.
Finish it Friday and