I decided to try this project I'd picked from Annie's Scrap Happy Quilting. It involves stitching the outline of an elephant with a running stitch and using scraps backed with fusible web. First, iron them onto the background leaving 1/8" to 1/4" between them and then stitch down afterwards. I think it looks like a really fun project so last week, I pulled some Kona Snow for a background and instead of an elephant, I traced a Basset Hound shape (I hope you can see the outline ok - orange perle cotton on white is hard to photograph in winter lighting!)
I had great fun trying to sketch Wilbur and though I was happy with his head I struggled with his body. So I looked up Basset Hound silhouette and found lots of images to use for inspiration.
I'm going to use scraps I have left over from this quilt I made in 2012 (this is my very first proper quilt made doing Whipstitch's e-course).
I think the warm mustards, reds, pinks and browns are very Basset friendly and Wilbur our Basset is a Tri-colour so he has quite a bit of black in him that I think will be cool with blue!