Remember this sewing machine cover that I made way back in March? It’s based on the Ornaments quilt from Angela Pingel’s book called A Quilters Mixology: Shaking up curved piecing. I can’t believe its been sitting covering my machine, pin basted and unfinished all this time!
So feeling the quilting groove this week, I decided to have a good look at it and come up with something not a stipple or a wiggle.
When I first saw this pattern using the Drunkards path block, it reminded be of Tales from the Arabian nights and Aladdin’s lamp. So I wanted something swirly in the lanterns a bit like smoke.
For the background I had no idea and I guess the pattern being called ornaments made me thing of strings of pearls so I went with straight lines and circles.
I marked the straight lines with some chalk and free motioned them adding in some circles every now and again trying to stagger them a little.
I thought about adding ties to the sides but in the ended didn't bother as my machine stays put here most of the time and I'd only be tying and untying for no reason. For the past months I've just been laying the cover over the machine when not in use and that's worked grand to keep the dust off as is.
I decided to bind it in the lemony yellow I used for the smallest lantern as its a happy colour compared to the purple.
And here's the finished cover, done & dusted. I could get used to finishing projects one after the other. Linking up to the Friday finishes!