Wednesday 15 May 2013

WIP Wednesday: Crochet Rug




Have you seen Zpagetti?  It's a T-shirt yarn that comes in a ginormous roll for about 10Euro.  I saw it in a new monthly magazine "Simply Crochet".  It's from the same publishers as "Simply Knitting" and one of my favourite monthly mags.  The 4th issue has this lovley rug and footstool crocheted with Zpagetti using a number 12 hook.


Having had a sick dog with Pneumonia, who had to be kept in and was only allowed out for 10 mins at a time, meant the rugs in our living room got wrecked really quickly.  I've been looking for something to brighten up the floor space and be washable so when I saw this project in Simply Crochet I had to give it a try.  So I bought the recommended number of rolls in two colour options (thinking I'd make one identical to the magazine for the bedroom too!)  


I received the orange, beige and camel colours a few days before a work trip and tried very hard to get the rug done before I left but didn't quite make it.  I did more than the rows in the pattern to increase the size as I had oodles of yarn left.  So with one more row to go to finish this is where I got to.



 I hope to finish by the weekend and then start on these colours - aren't they gorgeous?


I know this post probably has too many photos for an UFO.  Wilbur thinks so too. Enough with the photos.  Time for crafting.  Though I think he's thinking time for food!  He has no patience, this dog.  I'm like a broken record.  I must say off, off, off ..... 2,000 times a day.  He just can't seem to keep all four paws on the ground!  At least he can't make off with the Zpagetti rolls.  Just a tad too big for him to run away with!





Linking up to 

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. Seriously love this! What a fun project! I may have to whip one up for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of the Zpagetti yarn/fabric before, it looks really interesting and could have lots of uses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julie. I'm really loving that magazine, they have lovely projects. I even subscribed to it on Zinio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire, it's a fairly hefty roll as well and goes a long way. I certainly have mroe than I need for rugs and might have to just have to make the matching footstool!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...