Wednesday 11 December 2013

WIP Tablerunner for Christmas!

This is my 100th post - yay!  It almost feels like a birthday and there should be cake.  I'm amazed how quickly this came around and delighted to be posting a Wednesday Work in Progress for my 100th!
The Modern Quilt Guild of Ireland Swap deadline is this week so this weekend it was all guns blazing trying to quilt my Christmas table runner.  After staring at it for a week wondering how to go about this I eventually came up with outlining - yes it did take me a week to come up with that!

I did think about a fancy free motion continuous star pattern but I wasn't brave enough to try it on this so close to the deadline.  On the next runner I make for my mum I might just give it a go.  She likes the fabric in this so much she wants one for herself!
For straight line quilting I normally leave my machine settings at the default but I noticed on the beautiful swap mini quilt that I received from Christina over at Feeling Sew Blessed that she had used a longer stitch length and it really stood out so I googled for a bit and found other quilters liking 3.5-4 as a stich length so I tried that.  I really like the stitch definition and it is easier to rip out which thankfully I only had to do twice!
So quilting all finished, binding next!  Can't wait to finish and pop this in the post to my swap partner!  I love swaps.  This is my 3rd this year and each time I've learned something new.  This was a great project and I hope to be posting a finish for it on Friday.
Linking up to
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
 

8 comments:

  1. love the colors of your tablerunner, wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! The quilting and colors look great, such a pretty runner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I love this table runner. I really like the red stars in the middle and how you ended it at each side, that is great :)

    Stopping by from Lee's hop
    http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/12/wednesday-wip-dec-11th.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very festive table runner. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous runner and love your fabrics combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, the quilting REALLY adds a lot to this already beautiful runner! Your partner is going to be so thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is gorgeous! Your partner will be thrilled. I had the same problem and did not do the quilting I had wanted to. Hope my partner will liker hers too

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...