Leanne at She Can Quilt has passed the mantel for Finish-A-Long (quarterly linky party) to The Littlest Thistle. Last quarter, it gave me the push to finish my Halloween quilt, that I had started in 2012 and I even won a FQB of Florence the previous quarter. So I'm linking up again for another year!
I do struggle picking the projects for each quarter. I have a long to do list. This quarter, I'm trying the projects that take a little bit longer to finish and are still hanging around, or the ones I've started and really want to finish but have gotten distracted from by new ideas or swaps or present making! So here's the list for Q1 of 2014:
- Doctor Who paper pieced Quilt-A-Long - I've only a few of these blocks done. There will be 20 in the finished quilt. Patterns can be found int the Flickr group here if anyone wants to make a Tardis or K-9!
- City Sampler Quilt-A-Long - About 30 blocks out of 100 completed so far from Tula Pinks 100 Modern Blocks!
- Bachelors Walk - The idea for this quilt came from a traditional block called Bachelors Puzzle, so I changed it up a bit and bought fabric in the sale from the Limerick Quilt Centre and have it cut up ready for piecing.
- Fussy Cut Square Baby I spy quilt - this came from the same block as the solids quilt above! I received 12 Christmas square in square as part of What the Bobbin's fussy cut swap and I really want to make them into a baby quilt. It means making 25 more! I think this will be a fun project.
- Puppy Park squares - this is an idea to use up my scraps of Puppy Park fabric by Riley Blake. I've kind of been on a rectangle kick lately!
- Penny Sampler Quilt - this is one I have loved working on but Halloween and Christmas got in the way so I want to finish this one this quarter. If nothing else on my list gets done I'd be happy as long as this one does. It's Stiched in Color's design and was offered as an e-course on paper piecing, precise piecing and applique last year.
So that's the list. 6 quilts - that's ambitious and probably un-achievable with a full time job. Oh well, aiming high - wish me luck! Linking up to Finish-A-Long 2014!