Tuesday 1 July 2014

Fresh Sewing Day - June recap!

Lily's QuiltsHappy July!  Can you believe it?  The longest day of the year is past but it’s the start of the summer holidays here and the garden is blooming so a happiness in the air all round despite the time flying!  It’s a fresh sewing day linkup today at Lily’s Quilts where we celebrate all the crafty goodness made in June and start afresh today for another month!

Plum and JuneI’ve had the busiest June ever.  Between the day job and the quilty to do list I’ve been a busy beaver and am hoping for a more easy going July!  I signed up for Plum & June’s Let’s Get Acquainted blog hop and it will be my turn to write a blog post on the 9th July but in June there were 2 groups of new bloggers and I was busy visiting and getting to see all their fantastic projects.

To support the blog hop I tried my hand at writing some photo tips and created a  Photo Friday page for them.  I've 6 posts done, hoping to do 4 more while the blog hop continues and then back to normal in August!  These 2 on background blur and understanding the histogram were the most popular so far!

I had a few finishes!  I guest posted an exploration on log cabin blocks and many variations of them for the Modern Quilt Guild of Ireland blog page and from the blocks made for the exploration I made some cushions!  I had 3 cushions for the sofa so thought these would be nice to fill up the couches.  Mum has since swiped 2 so I am in need of a few more again!


A second exploration for MQGI on making Half Square Triangles prompted some quick sheets.  If you want them they are downloaded here.


The Schnitzel & Boo mini-quilt swap had a deadline of June 25th and I just finished on time!  This scrappy swoon 24” mini-quilt is on its way to my swap partner.


June was a Free Motion Quilting month for me!  I attended a workshop with Mary Palmer in our Local Quilt Shop and it was brilliant.  Lots of practice on a teeny tiny scale.  I finished a donation quilt and practiced my free motion quilting, clamshells and figure of 8 and though I need more practice I’m starting to feel more comfortable with this new skill now.


So that was June!  To see what everyone else has been up to this last month I’m linking up to Lily’s Quilts Fresh Sewing Day.

7 comments:

  1. I love the mini quilt you made for the swap! Sounds like you had a really busy month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky mom! The cushions were so cute on your couch. Love the Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have definitely been enjoying your photography posts, and I look forward to getting to know you more on July 9th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you worked on last month. THe swap quilt is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice colorful projects! Have fun with your intro post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just downloaded your HST quick sheets ... super cute and VERY helpful :) Thanks a million.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I just found your blog through Plum and Junes new blogger hop. I love your Swoon mini! I love how the colours swirl around it. Very lucky swap partner you had.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...