Tuesday 8 April 2014

Q2 FAL Goals

So quarter 1 of this year flew by like the gale force winds we had after Christmas.  I'm in complete denial about it, that and the fact that I didn't finish any of the projects I picked in January to work on through to the end of March! Zero, nada, nought!  How so? Because? Well I got sidetracked playing.  Playing with designs, playing with squares, making a baby Medallion quilt, learning about colour in fabric selection and generally just choosing to work on anything but my Q1 goals!

So this quarter I'm going to be a bit kinder to myself.  I've got 2 carryovers and the rest are current projects that I am already well into so surely there's a finish in here somewhere!

Carryover

To be honest this is a wintery quilt which I may not want to work on in the spring but it is so beautiful I do want to have it done for Christmas this year so it's first on the list to give it the best chance!
  • Bachelors Walk 
So close to a finish, just needs a teeny bit more quilting and binding!  Is that cheating putting it on the list?

New Projects
  • Wilbur!

 This is a Ticker tape project with a  basset outline handstitched with perle cotton and filling in the spaces with scraps!  I started stitching down Wilbur's head and am now thinking of taking out the straight stiching and zig-zagging as I think I prefer that overall look for this one.
  • Mexico Quilt
Top is pieced (pattern from Creative Quilting Magazine by Sally Ablett), backing fabric just bought and washed.

I'm not a prewasher but I got this gorgeous owl fabric from a bargain shop in town so not taking any chances it got a turn in the washing machine.  Just need to give it a press and I'm good to go with this one!
I really love this quilt top.  These are not my usual colours but I just find this whole quilt top so pretty and soft, it just works so well for the living room where I hope to use it.  It's made with Noteworthy, Essex linen natural and a charm pack of Moda Bella Solid Neutrals.  No backing yet so will have to shop for this one!






  • Medallion QAL with Modern Irish Quilters 
This project has been tons of fun and we have a deadline in April so I'm aiming to at least get another border on by then if not the next 2
  • Modern Irish Bee Quilt
I was Queen Bee for January and have 20 beautiful blocks to assemble.  I love these and am hoping to add 5 more for a 5x5 layout.  Thanks to all my hivemates for these gorgeous blocks.
Using Patchwork Prism by Anna Maria Horner as inspiration this quilt top is a rainbow of fabrics from Minimalista and Florence.  I love how it is turning out so far!

  •  Colour Wheel

Finally my last on the list is only just in the planning stage.  I have all these beautiful hand dyed fabrics from the Irish Patchwork Society workshop taught by Paula Rafferty and I've bought the colour wheel pattern by Rachel at Stitched in Color.  I'm hoping to place these fabulous colours on different neutral backgrounds as a colour exploration.

So that's it, that's the list.  Wish me luck.  If the last quarter is anything to go by I'm going to need it!

Linking up to 
Finish Along 2014

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your blog has been affected by the Quilt Patterns Pro plagiarism scandal- Megan at the bitchy stitcher has posted about it today and it's also on the Molli Sparkles blog. Thankfully my blog is fine for now! More info: http://thebitchystitcher.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/quilt-writing.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny, thanks for the alert. I got an IG message about it this morning too and have reported them to their host site.

      Delete
    2. Sorry Kerry, not Penny! one of those days!

      Delete
  2. So many pretty projects! I think my faves are the triangle quilt, Wilber and our bee quilt. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to be busy! I'm cheering you on from Oz :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to peek at your triangles............they are coming along beautifully. Hey quick question: Did you applique your hexi flowers to the background???

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great projects and can I just say I am loving the layout of your Triangles! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list and don't be too hard on yourself about the first quarter, you can always finish up some stuff this quarter! I especially like you Triangle Quilt Along (I've done both the Patchwork Prism and am working on the Triangle Quilt Along) so I'm a bit biased! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very ambitious!! Looking forward to them all!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...