Wednesday 13 March 2013

Little Houses


I first came across Schnibbles by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. when doing a Google search by images of Kate Spain's fabric collection Good Fortune.  I was looking for inspiration trying to decide what to do with 3 charm packs I had just bought online.  I found a lovely little baby quilt made completely of rows of Houses and I just loved it.   



 I found the pattern on Etsy and bought a printed copy.  Of course when I received the pattern I decided I wanted a blue sky and so chose to use 2 charm packs I had on hand of Nancy' Halverson’s Forever Spring which has some lovely blue patterns in the perfect amount for what I needed.


I had to read through the pattern twice before feeling brave enough to start cutting.  Once started though this flew together and it was really great fun.  There is something about little houses that are so cute and an enormous amount of satisfaction to be had with the completion of each little block.  Laying the house blocks out in rows, swapping the colours around, seeing what worked well and what didn't was also great fun.


I have to say this was a great little project, I love the end result and with 2 charm packs + a bit of sashing it was very economical as well.  I quilted it in diagonals with a walking foot.  Keeping it very simple.  I can see these little houses in a cushion or table runner.  Definitely one I'd make again!


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I like your version much more than the picture on the pattern! ~karen

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...