Friday 29 March 2013

Spring ColoursBouncing along


Well I missed out on WIP Wednesday update though I had lots done on my Bounce project so I though I'd share my progress today (pattern Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.).  It's not finished but I'm motoring along!  




 







  
As it's Good Friday today and Easter Sunday is rapidly approaching, the colours in this project are so spring-like they remind me of Cadbury's mini chocolate eggs that come out every Easter.   No actual chocolate until Sunday but I can have a visual feast  in the meantime.


All 28 squares were laid out in 4 columns by 7 rows on top of a beautiful quilt I didn't make but inspired this one for Gordon's Auntie Maura.  Layout photographed, now onto the next steps of assembly and borders over the weekend.  This project is really coming together now and I love it.


If Wilbur the lunatic Basset can contain himself and be on his best behaviour for a crust of toast from my mum, I can certainly be just as good and wait for chocolate mini eggs!  







5 comments:

  1. I love your colours- as you said very spring like. Now if only spring would hurry up and pay us a visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean - coldest Easter I can remember. Seems strange to have daffodils and snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Bounce quilt, lovely colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, such pretty colours. I want to use similar in my first proper quilt I just can't choose which fabrics to use!

    www.cloudcoucoucrafts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody for the commenting! The fabric is Coquette by Chez Moi for Moda cut into 2 1/2" squares. They look really great together in a scrappy look. Each star uses the equivalent of a 3/4 of a Layer Cake. I have 28 stars so tons left over the scrappy border in the Bounce pattern. Layer Cakes are the business!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...