Friday 7 November 2014

Knitting & Stitching Dublin 2014

Last Sunday, a group of us went to the Knitting & Stitching show in Dublin.  We left Limerick at 8 in the morning and arrived home just about 8 in the evening!

It was a long day but a productive one.  There was a whole bolt of wadding & a new machine brought home in the car with us!  And I got to see my Bachelors Walk quilt hanging for the Irish Patchwork Society Explorations exhibit!

I also bought a few bits and bobs myself.  I did have a list of stuff to buy but managed to leave it in the car! 

I did well though, remembering most items.

This is my haul!

The quilting frame, chalk pencil and perle cottons are for my hand quilting projects that I have yet to start (Penny Sampler and Sashiko Quilt).  The quilt ruler stand and the hair clip (yes I bought a hair clip at a quilting show!) were bought on whim.  Everything else has a purpose in mind!

The most important thing though was a replacement 1/4" foot.  I broke mine making a bag.  I had moved the needle all the way over to sew a zip, changed foot and forgot to move the needle back.  Broken needle, broken foot and all my own fault!


Some of the quilts on display for explorations from our Just Threads sewing group were Suzanne's X-plorations, Meg's sampler quilt she didn't like much, chopped up and put back together, Paula's fabric dyeing exploration (I always see Godzilla in this one!) and Isabelle's school project which is probably the cutest in the whole show.  Her class hand dyed the fabric, then her mum printed their photos onto fabric and Isabelle quilted it herself on her mum's machine!


I really liked this group project from Cork group 4WTG but my favourite quilt of the whole exhibition is this one of the Hubble space telescope and the planets by Ethelda Ellis.
 This nebula even made it onto the exhibition cover - isn't it fantastic?
There was also a mini- do not touch the quilts competition and this Sin Bonnet Sue mini was the winner.  Made me smile anyway!

So that was the weekend shopping adventure - now really looking forward to putting some of the haul to good use!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time at the show, Ruth. Lots of beautiful quilts to see. And you came home with lots of great goodies! Thanks for sharing the show with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got the clips! Oh I see so much I missed :d You should have used the jumping foto :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! I envy your ruler stand! Looks like you had a fantastic time at the festival. It's always great craic, isn't it? Next year I'll meet you all up there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now we know what you look like :D Decent haul, I need one of those multicolour chalk pencil things I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time. I loved seeing your quilt on display.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to see a picture of you and your quilt at the show! :) All of the quilts are lovely but I must confess, Sin Bonnet Sue made me laugh out loud! Too darn funny!

    Great haul of goodies too! Glad you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a great time - and how cool to have your quilt on display!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha you bought a hair clip!!! I loved those little do not touch signs especially the Sue one:) Ethelda's quilt at Tinahely show was amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt looks great hanging in the show. Great shopping too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That must have been such a thrill to see your quilt hanging in the show - congratulations :) PS love that you bought a clip lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...