Thursday 27 March 2014

I'm in the mood for Basting!


I think I'm obsessed with squares!  I have 3 quilt tops finished and they are all squares and rectangles, but it is nice to finally have some tops pieced and be getting a bit closer to some quilting.

Charm Pack Cherry (free pattern FatQuartershop)

Quilt for Mexico (Creative Quilting Pattern)
Bachelors Walk (own design with a little help from Claire!)
This one is the only one of my FAL 2014 Quarter 1 goals I have a hope of finishing so this weekend it's going under the needle!  That is after I've pressed and basted it first.  I don't think I have enough safety pins to baste 3 quilt tops so I'm going to try and spray baste this one and pin baste My Quilt for Mexico as even though I absolutely love the Charm Pack Cherry quilt it doesn't have a deadline to aim to and will have to come last on the list!


After this, I think it might be time for some triangles!   There is a Triangle Quilt-A-Long happening at the Sassy Quilter and I have a bundle of Denyse Schmidt Florence that I have no plans for and a 60 degree ruler I bought but never used so I think this is the project for it.  (And I've not forgotten about the 86 flying geese I have to make!)

Linking up to
Whoop Whoop FridaysTGIFF
The Sassy Quilter

7 comments:

  1. I love squares right now too, they're great for when you want the maths and seams to be simple, a bit of a mindless sew giving you time to think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be so busy. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! look at your gorgeous tops. The gingham charm one is just sweet and adorable. The design of your blue one is spectacular. Get to basting, missy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three of your tops are beautiful! I think Bachelors Walk is my favourite. Great job. Thanks for linking to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been busy! I go through phases too. Love that Bachelor's Walk quilt you designed, especially how it comes out to the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. squares are awesome. I have a Charm Pack Cherry on the go to and have signed up for the Triangle QAL. See you there!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...