Wednesday 19 August 2015

WIP Wednesday - Bee Blocks Stash Bee Hive 3

Every bee I've ever been in has had me making string blocks!  They really are a great project choice for a bee as many hands really do make light work and its a great way to get lots of variety in your quilt.  Plus they are great scrap busters! 
Last month, Martina asked us, in Stash Bee hive #3, for happy bright colours and I chose as many Me and My Sister prints as I had on hand to include in these.  Somehow on the day I must have been feeling a green vibe!

This month Debbie picked a block I'd never made before. 
 It's a traditional block called Winged Square with a fussy cut centre surrounded by Half Square Triangles.  This was really fun to make!
The idea is to pick a centre piece and choose 2 colours that speak to you from the image.  The bit I liked about the fabric I had chosen was the hummingbird and the pink flower so I chose and aqua colour with hot pink!
 Not colours I'd normally use together but I do like them a lot!
 Hoping to continue this trend of getting Bee blocks done earlier in the month!
Linking up to
Sew Fresh QuiltsWIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

13 comments:

  1. I really like the pink and aqua together, too which is something I wouldn't have put together on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful block! I really like the fabric you selected for the center and your supporting prints are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks Ruth! I love the fabrics.Very pretty and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking blocks! I really like how your HST fabric picks up and highlights the fussy cut center so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty fabrics and I just love the blocks - especially the HSTs with the fussy cut center!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sew very pretty! Love the colors ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that humming bird fabric. so pretty. good colour choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All great blocks but I adore the winged blocks. I was inspired by them before but yours are really soft and pretty. I want some of my very own! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both blocks! Such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your winged square block is lovely, what a great idea for a Bee block too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your hive's winged square blocks have been really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh I really love the wing square blocks - so much potential for colour fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The winged square is new to me too - yours is very pretty. I like the colour scheme - a little unexpected but very successful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...