Sunday 15 September 2013

Sunday Stash & A Finish!


I won a prize at the Mid-Western Branch of the Irish Patchwork Society!  It was my first time attending and the ladies were lovely and welcoming.  I couldn't believe it when my ticket number was called.  I felt kinda bad as it was only my first meeting but the prize is perfect: a quilting book, hand sewing needles, seam ripper and machine oil!

The Sewing Shed from Kerry had a stand on the night and I bought this fabric for my Doctor Who Paper Pieced Blocks.  Looking through my stash, trying to find the right material for the binding for my 40" Star Surround, I wasn't happy with what I had and then I thought of my new purchase and yes, I have used it already!


It was just the perfect thing for the colours in the quilt.  I just love this pattern by Melissa at Happy Quilting for a baby quilt.  I quilted it in straight lines and I really like it though it gave me trouble and I had to rip out 5 rows.  Yup 5 whole rows.  It took ages!  I had a problem with the top bunching up and pleating at the crossovers so I had to rip and re-baste 1/4 of the quilt.  All's well that ends well.  Next time I'll use more pins!

Linking up to Sunday Stash at Hot Pink Quilts.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh! Lucky you! And what a lovely prize! And you're right, that fabric is perfect for the binding. Love it! It's a perfect finish for a great looking quilt!

    Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the fun prizes! That star quilt is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! I had the same thing happen to me yesterday while quilting a pillow in the same way. Little pleats at the intersections, drove me nuts!
    And great choice for the binding, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I just had the same straight-line quilting problem with two mini quilts I have in the works - so frustrating - but it's the bottom that's pulling for me ... congratulations on your prize win :0)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...